agreement with the Bartholomew County Landfill, the site is available seven days a week during the following hours:
8:00 am to dusk.
Members entering or leaving the site must close and lock the entrance gate
behind them except when Club has made special arrangements for access control or Landfill is open to public.
of the locked gate and isolated location, members are strongly discouraged from being on site alone.
are not allowed in the pits. Vehicles and trailers may be backed up to the pit boundary from the parking
area side of the pits.
5) Vehicles are
not allowed on runway.
Member access keys to the site are not to be loaned to non-members.
Members and visitors shall conduct themselves in a civil and sportsmanlike
manner at all times.
8) Members and visitors shall comply with posted rules.
9) Failure of
a member to comply with a posted rule can result in loss of Club privileges.
10) Participants in any model operation
shall refrain from the consumption of alcoholic beverages while on site.
11) Smoking is permitted
in the designated smoking area.
12) Trash containers are not provided. Members and visitors are
responsible for the removal their own litter from site.
13) The AMA Safety Code
is in effect at all times.
14) The flight line is restricted to pilots and spotters.
15) Deliberate flight behind the flight
line is not allowed.
16) Cell phones on flight line must be turned off.
17) The established club frequency control
plan in force at all times.
Fixed frequency radio transmitters are to remain off until a channel frequency
pin for said transmitter has been secured.
19) Fixed frequency transmitters shall display its frequency identification number.
20) A catch container or
absorbent cloth shall be used to prevent any spillage of fuel during the fueling of your aircraft.
21) Turbine powered models
(jets) are not allowed.
22) High start lines are to run parallel to active runway.
23) Mufflers are required on all engines.
Unescorted visitors are not allowed beyond the identified boundary
1) The AMA Safety Code is in effect at all times.
2) Pilots shall
be able to show evidence of current AMA membership.
Unless stated otherwise, open flying is in effect at all posted times.
4) Pilots using fixed frequency transmitters shall secure appropriate channel frequency pin from site
frequency board before activating transmitter.
5) Pilots shall fly from one of
the designated pilot stations.
Pilot may be accompanied by a spotter.
and flight is restricted to runway side of flight line.
8) Taxing is not permitted in the
pits or the behind pilot stations.
9) Pilots shall make appropriate
announcement when taking off, landing or emergency situation.
10) Takeoffs and landings shall be
into the wind as determined by majority of pilots.
operations shall cease during electrical storms.
Special flight rules may be imposed for certain scheduled
And the most important rules.... BE
SAFE AND HAVE FUN!
2502 25th Street
Columbus Regional Hospital
2400 17th Street
543 2nd Street
Columbus City Police
123 Washington Street